KIBAALE FOREST NATIONAL PARK
This ultimate short holiday of Chimpanzee trekking and other primates tracking takes you to Kibale Forest National park. This forest park is a home to over 1500 individual Chimpanzees hence making it a place with the highest concentration of Chimps in Africa.
|Entebbe , Mabamba Wetland
|Please arrive by 7:15 AM for a prompt departure at 7:30 AM.
|Approximately 6:30 PM.
|Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking boots, hat, jacket and sunscreen.
Day 1: Travel to Kibale and Swamp Walk
Day 2: Chimpanzee tracking and travel back to Kampala/Entebbe
Day 1: Departure
Ultimate Kibale forest national park is located in western Uganda and if you’re a fan of primates this park is the best choice for you, “Primate Heaven.” Kibale forest park is a home to 13 primate species as listed here; Chimps, Coppery-tailed money, Blue monkey, Vervet monkey, Black and White colobus monkey, Red tailed monkey, Red colobus monkey, Olive Baboon, Thick-tailed bushbaby, Lesser Galago, L’Hoest Monkey and more.
This park is also blessed with a sanctuary for bird species. kibale forest park has over 370 bird species providing an adventure for bird watching fans. The park is also rich with variety of flora, forest Elephants which can be seen on a lucky day and various species of butterflies.
Besides Kibale Forest National park, Chimpanzee tracking safari tour can also be done in Budongo forest and in Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary on a short holiday.
You can have Chimpanzee Habituation Experience (CHEX) which takes place the whole day. You track the chimps and get to know how they live, build nests, play, nap, and feed.
According to Uganda Wildlife Authority latest tariffs, the adventure costs USD $220 for foreign non-residents, USD $150 for foreign residents and USD $70 for East Africans, while Chimpanzee trekking permit costs USD $150.
On this 2 days safari tour, you will also have a swamp walk which provides a good opportunity to track over 8 primates and birds.
Accommodation; can be either budget, mid-range or luxury and this depends on your Budget.
What’s Needed For This Safari Tour?
- Water: It is advisable to park a few water filtration tablets before you come for the trek.
- Boots: You will need good waterproof comfortable shoes because sometimes it rains during the trek.
- Rain Jacket: You are advised to carry rain jacket in case it rains in Kibale forest
- Snack: You can carry a light snack to give you some energy during the walk in the forest
- Trouser and Shirts: Light trousers and long sleeved shirts are advised
- Socks: You will have to tuck in the trousers into the socks to avoid insects crawling inside.
- Gloves: You might need Gardening gloves because you will be grabbing tree branches, leaves, name it and some can be thorny.
- Camera: Carry a good camera to capture this lifetime experience, however no camera flash lights allowed.
- Airport pickup and Transfers
- 1night accommodation on the trip.
- Bottled Water
- Chimpanzee Tracking Permit
- Experienced English speaking Driver
- 4X4 Safari car for Transportation
- Tips for Driver and Guides
- Air tickets
- Drinks from the Accommodation
- Anything not added in itinerary.
After an early morning breakfast, transfer to the park headquarters and later begin the hike of a gorilla trail. It normally takes between an hour and 6 hours to encounter the awesome mountain gorillas. After the Gorilla trek return to the lodge bathe, enjoy some food and refreshments and immediately transfer back to Kigali.
End of the tour